Wednesday, January 6, 2010

More photographic evidence that soap is taking over my house....

Evenin' all  :)

I keep getting lots of email asking for the cut pictures of the soap I'm making.  Never fear!  They'll always be posted, but sometimes it takes me a day or two.  I have the two from the last two days cut now, so I wanted to make sure I put them up.  The first one is "Jungle Love" from monday, January 4th.  The pictures don't really pic up the pretty shimmer.  It's super pretty and girlie.  :)









The next one is our contest soap!  Whomever comes up with the name for this one, wins a free one.  FREE!  See yesterday's post for details.  Some names are a crack-up and really good so far!





Again, each of these will be ready for purchase in beginning of february.  Thanks for hangin' out with me while I make them.  

I also have some other good news.  Soon, hopefully within the next few weeks, I'll be offering two kinds of soy tarts for the candle lovers!  Stay tuned to see what we come up with!  I'm excited to get started. 

The insulation experiment yielded some interesting results last night.  I covered the soap, and I did end up getting a full gel.  It's so interesting how with each recipe, the need for insulation changes.  I have a high coconut recipe, with 100% goat milk that absolutely gets flaming hot if I even THINK about covering it.  Sometimes I even refrigerate it.  This recipe seems to handle it okay.  40 % lower coconut, same amount of goat milk.  Hmmm.   The gelling doesn't really matter that much except that it can effect hardness/softness and even slight color results.  What do you guys think?  Do you like to gel, or not?  Love to hear your thoughts in the comment section.

Anyway - I hope you enjoy the pictures.  Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Of course, I'm enjoying the pictures! I'm so happy to see Jungle Love cut. It's just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm,mmmmm....! Beautiful soaps and I love, love, love your colours and swirls :)

    ReplyDelete