Saturday, June 4, 2011

I told ya there were new things brewin'...

I have loved bath salts forever.  Just by the very nature of their existence, they force you to relax and take a load off.   Kind of like an illness without the vomit......or something.



I haven't formulated any until now, because I didn't just wanna put out the usual scented sea salt...throw in some sodium bicarb....cornstarch...whatever, and call it good.  I wanted to really amp up the skin benefits. 

Meet my brand new bath salts with genuine, mineral-packed dead sea salts for relaxation, detoxification and aid in the fight against skin conditions.  Additionally, I have also included magnesium sulfate, a naturally occuring mineral compound.  Some of the countless health benefits include relaxing the nervous system, curing skin problems, soothing back pain and aching limbs, easing muscle strain, healing cuts, treating cold and congestion, and drawing toxins from the body.  Ahhhhh...


My secret (only not so secret anymore) ingredient is the addition of kukui nut oil.  Now, if you're alleric to tree nuts, these salts are not for you, as the oil is cold-pressed from the nut of a tree which is found througout polynesia.  What I love about this oil is it's skin-softening and moisturizing qualities, it's packed with vitamins A, E & F, and it never leaves a greasy feeling on your skin.  Great for this application, as well as many others.



 Bathing in these salts, with these specific ingredients leaves my skin feeling so insanely silky, and what a great way to get rid of minor aches and pains, and to heal minor skin troubles.   Kukui nut oil isn't cheap either, so you can be sure you're getting your money's worth.  It's a bit of a luxury oil, but the benefits far exceeded the cost for me.  I really wanted to bring you something extra special, and I think I have.  :)



It's available in every scent known to man (lol) so you can take a look at what I have or make special requests just by dropping me a message.  I'm always happy to accomodate you. 

Keep an eye out for an exclusive aromatherapy line of bath salts, as well.  All natural.  No colorants, rich with botanicals and essential oils.  Can't wait to get to work on those!

Until my next post...

4 comments:

  1. These look absolutely divine. I've used Kukui not oil once before but not in bath salts. I've also used dead sea salts in my bath salts. I find it a delicate balance when using oils in bath salts because I'm trying to keep the products as dry as possible. Your packaging is beautiful and I love the coloured salts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I wish I had a bathtub! Darnit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you made and your packaging looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete